Thursday, August 11, 2011

Madison, WI - Let's Get Cleaning

Today, the bunched seminars are on cleaning and I’ve got two of them lined up back to back.

First, the donut hour. We’ve been getting up at 6:00 so we can eat a short breakfast and still squeeze in a visit to the coffee/donut building before our 8:00 seminar. 8:00 seminar - I feel I’m back in school - don’t they know we’re all retired and want to sleep in? And, by the way, there’s a workout seminar at 7:00 every morning. These people get up early.

My first seminar is on writing a blog. I thought I could pick up some tips about the web site I’m blogging on now. Since it is a new site, I’m open for any help I can get. And, while Gary has taught me some and I’ve learned more, I did find out about some other travel blog sites and got some other tips so the time spent here was well worth it. Next a seminar on exterior RV care and then a seminar called ‘Honey, Let’s clean the RV.’ The woman claims she can teach us how to do it in an hour. And, boy, am I ever ready for that.

After this we grabbed a bite to eat and then hit the ice cream line. Nothing like free ice cream and here is the line. Gary is off to the left getting his and saving me a place in line. He’s to the left of the second yellow pillar on the left.

IMG_0839-2011-08-11-21-29.JPG


They have a Tony Stewart race car here. Now, what i know about racing can fit inside a raindrop. But, my brother follows racing.

        I called him and asked him if he knew Tony Stewart.

        Yep.

        Did he like him?

        Yep.

        Would he like a picture of Tony Stewart’s race car        

        Sure.

        Would he like a picture of me beside the race car?

        Oops, I asked done question too many.

But, here’s what he’s getting.

IMG_0875-2011-08-11-21-29.JPG


Meanwhile we found some time to visit the new RV’s they have displayed outside. I mean, what’s an RV show without new RV’s to tempt us? They had some 22’ RV’s with no slides and they had some 45’ monsters with 3 axles and 4 slides. Obviously, Gary and I are not in the market for any new RV but it is fun to spend some time (not too much) looking at the new RV’s. Here is one of the more amazing ones- which cost $748,000.

IMG_0877-2011-08-11-21-29.JPG


I heard that there was a $1,000,000 one here and, while usually my radar can find the most expensive item among many, I failed to find this one.

It rained a bit today and was raining steadily while we were eating dinner but the sky cleared off and the sun peeked through right before it set behind the trees.

IMG_0858-2011-08-11-21-29.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment