Monday, September 17, 2012

WDM, IA - Lost/Found: Broken/Fixed


PastedGraphic-2012-09-17-20-47.jpg
I’ve put these tire pictures at the top of the day’s blog to catch your eyes. Actually, they are not pictures of our tires but of some friends of ours That tire looks pretty destroyed doesn’t it? How would you like to have that tire on your vehicle as you’re driving down the interstate?

Our friend Jerry was cruising down the road in Nebraska, coming home from a month in Colorado when someone in back of him noticed that one of the tires on his trailer looked like this. He sped up to notify Jerry who then stopped and changed the tire. Luckily the rim was not damaged and Jerry was able to drive slo-o-o-owly to the campground where they were going to stay the night on his remaining tires. The next morning they found a replacement and were able to continue their journey back to Iowa. All’s well that ends well.

My story about something that was broken was not so exciting - and that’s a good thing. I broke my glasses the other day. I have some Silhouettes that have some very small ear pieces that attach to a smaller piece in a bored hole in the glass. As you can see below.

IMG_2295-2012-09-17-20-47.JPGPretty dainty little things. And, the cost reflects this well. Several days ago, the ear piece broke right at the place where it goes into the glass on my right side. Shucks. But, this is not the first time this has happened. This is the second - and the previous time was on the left side. Aha. maybe I’ve got a matched set. Sure enough, I took them to the optometrist who sent me to the lab and I was able to use the unbroken parts to make a complete set that I can wear. Whew. Sure didn’t want to buy a new pair of glasses.

During the same time frame I seem to have misplaced my I Pad. We couldn’t find it anywhere and hadn’t seen it since we returned from Fort Dodge. Several days ago Gary needed to go out to the RV for some maintenance and I accompanied him - to scour the RV for the I Pad. I knew that when we were in Fort Dodge, I had hidden it so that if someone had broken into our RV while we were at Gary’s father’s home, they might not find the I Pad. But, I didn’t know that I had hidden it so well. I looked into every cabinet, every drawer, under the mattress, in the cubby hole above the driver side. Nothing, nil, nada. I was perplexed.

We have already scoured the house so our final place to look was at Lug’s. I didn’t remember taking it to his house any time we were there since we were working all the time. But, possibly, maybe it might be there. Yesterday, when we went up to Fort Dodge, I rummaged around trying to think of where I might have used it or hidden it or put it down. Again, I was unsuccessful. On the way back from Fort Dodge, we decided to search the RV for one more time.

When we got there this morning, I headed for the bedroom while Gary took the living room. I was coming up blank when Gary said

        ‘Nancy, come here.”

Sure enough, there it was, all wrapped up in our quilt. It’s a huge quilt that Gary had a hard time unwrapping. Finally I had my I Pad in my hands. Here’s what must have happened: On our last full day in Fort Dodge, I had stashed it under the pillow and under the part of the quilt which wraps over the pillows. At night, it was pretty warm so we folded the quilt up and put it into the living room for the night. This quilt is pretty heavy so we didn’t realize that the I Pad was still wrapped up in it.

In the morning we left the quilt in the living room since we were going to wash the sheets and store the RV for a while. After washing we stored the sheets in some cupboards but left the quilt itself on the living room sofa. Where it still was with the I Pad wrapped up in it when we got to the RV yesterday.

Whew. I didn’t have to buy glasses and I don’t have to buy a new I Pad. And, you know how I hate to spend money especially because I broke something or lost something.

No comments:

Post a Comment