Friday, November 23, 2012

Mesa, AZ - A Movie? What's That?

And, we can continue to ask that even after today. The plan was to go to the matinee at 12:45 today. We wanted to see Lincoln. I still haven’t gotten the book read but I’m not worried that seeing the movie will spoil the ending for me. I’m pretty sure I know this ending in this case.

Not knowing much about movie going since our last movie was Titanic years ago, I wasn’t sure how to buy tickets on line. I also was hesitant. What if we buy tickets on line, get their later than others and have only two seats: one in the front row and another in the rear? I doubt that I’d get my money back if I didn’t want these two ‘prime’ seats. When you get to the ticket counter, at least you can ask how many seats are left and, if only 10, you don’t have to buy the tickets.

I thought that this was Black Friday and everyone else would be out shopping. Who knew that we’d have a line at the ticket counter when we got there. After 5 minutes of standing in a line which wasn’t moving, a guy came out and yelled to a friend in line that it was sold out. Which one, we all asked. Lincoln, he said and we peeled away from the line to try again another day.

So, at the end of the ‘adventure’ I am still asking: A Movie? What’s That?

No comments:

Post a Comment