Sunday, June 23, 2013

Altoona, IA - Sorry, I Haven't a Clue

Guess what we did today? We worked on the house.

KingBedOmahaBuyersLoadUp-1-2013-06-23-21-12.jpgThe only thing worth mentioning is that the couple from Omaha came today to pick up the bed. As Danette and Dale, the couple, were driving to Des Moines from Omaha in their green Suburban with the older wooden trailer with the metal gate their son, who had been to Adventureland on the east side of Des Moines and was on the way back to Omaha, spotted a familiar green Suburban hauling an older wooden trailer with a metal gate and called his mother on his cell.
ClueGame-3-2013-06-23-21-12.jpg
        ‘Hey, Mom, we just saw your trailer, that wasn’t you was it?’

SorryGame-4-2013-06-23-21-12.jpg‘Us, why would we be heading to Des Moines?’

What a coincidence.

GarywithDavyCrockettPlate-1-2013-06-23-21-12.jpgHow many of you remember these childhood games? Gary and I both remember playing Sorry with our families.

But Gary does not remember Clue and, when I looked up its copyright date of 1972, I knew why. It was developed long after we were playing board games.

Both of these games are in pretty good shape and even have their original boxes. I’m thinking I’ll try E-Bay or Craig’s List for selling these. Certainly we’ll make our fortune here.

We also have found some older items. Here’s a Davy Crocket plate that we found at Gary’s father’s home when we cleaned it out. On the back, Gary’s mother, Darlene has written: Gary or Cathy. However, Cathy tells us that she got her plate years ago so this must be Gary’s.

2 comments:

  1. The first board game I remember is "Chutes and Ladders" as well as "Sorry". Since you're such an inspiration, we're working on the basement/garage. I will be a first pass, and there will more to do. I can't imagine doing what you and Gary are doing! I'm frustrated at our project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ya, Sherron,

    Hey, and who can forget Candyland? Actually, I can forget it since I never played it. I remember Chutes and Ladders but only remember playing it with kids I was babysitting.

    An inspiration? From what you've said here, I must be an inspiration for frustration. Hmm.

    Thanks, a lot. We're all done now - I don't think that I could imagine getting done in a month back when we accepted the offer on our home but we did it. The last thing we did was sweep the garage, close the door and take off. What a relief it has been.

    ReplyDelete