Thursday, July 2, 2015

Salem, MA - Sandwiched in the MIddle

We’re staying in Salem, a town north of Boston. Not too many RV campgrounds near Boston, especially on the north side where we want to be since most of the things we want to see are up this way. The trip up was 2 hours but it lasted about 3 since we ran into traffic jams.
We’re in a marina park in a grassy area with 50A electricity and water but no sewer. We’re here for 13 days so I’m sure we’ll need to go to the town sewage plant to dump. Oh, no, we won’t be able to use the laundry in the RV and there is no laundry in the park. Looks like a public laundry some where in the next two weeks.

Interestingly, we have excellent wi-fi. I certainly didn’t expect that here. And, for once, we can ever get good TV reception for watching the news.
We’re sandwiched between two Salem RV’s, people who drive about 5 minutes from their home to have a weekend at the park. And, when I use the work ‘sandwiched’ I mean that we are a bit close here.
WinterIslandMaritimeParkwithCampground-12-2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
The couple on the right with the boat caught 3 flounder yesterday. Big ones. Flat. One-eyed. Piled in a bucket. Ummm. Then he sat down on his picnic table and began to clean them. Oh, yecch. I’ve always known that I shouldn’t lean on a fishing pier but, not lean on a picnic table. It never occurred to me that people would clean fish there. Silly me.

On the other hand, I’ve taken to walking along the marina and watching all the boats sail by. I could sit her forever and watch. That lighthouse is still working, since the tide is a 9’ drop. Love the rocky shore.
WinterIslandMaritimePark--2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
WalkingAroundWillowsPark-3-2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
Sometimes the tide goes out in a shallow bay and leaves the boats high and dry.
WalkingAroundWillowsPark-5-2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
We walked through Salem and spent some time on their busy harbor. Ah, which one of these boats would I like to have?
ExploringSalem-34-2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
ExploringSalem-33-2015-07-2-21-55.jpg
I just had my birthday and got two interesting cards: one from Medicare and one from Walmart. Oh, yes, I got lots of cards and e-mails from friends and relatives. My brother always buys a cute card. For a guy, he spends a lot of time picking out just the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment