Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mesa, AZ - Wax On, Wax Off

Well, we’re not here just to relax and hike. How about washing and waxing the RV? Oh, yeah, how about that? We cleaned the inside of the house yesterday, it’s time to do the outside today. Sure enough - since it’s supposed to rain tonight. Let’s make sure that it really rains.

The day was overcast so it was a perfect day to wash and wax the RV. Gary did the top where I couldn’t reach with my long wand.
Cleaning%252526ProtectingRV-1-2015-10-28-19-54.jpg
I then did the basement areas. From where I’m sitting, it’s a long RV.
Cleaning%252526ProtectingRV-3-2015-10-28-19-54.jpg
So, tell me - why any I waxing plastic? I understand waxing metal but plastic? Huh?

OK. RV done and it’s only 2:00, how about the car. We drove it across the street under the trees so it was in the shade. I washed it with the hose and then got ready for the wash and wax job. We have an SUV with a rear hatchback. I usually open this and detail it but yesterday, I looked and, holy cow, there’s a window that opens too. I opened the window and, oh crap, found a whole new place to detail. I have never detailed this and it’s been collecting dust and dirt from all our drives on rutted dirt roads. Lucky me

5:00 and we’re done. Won’t have to do this for another while.

We read an article online today that brought back memories of our touring through New York this spring. We stayed in a county park about 1/2 hour from New York and took the train into the city. We found out that the first car in each train was the ‘Quiet Car.’ No talking, no phones, no whispering, no noise - it was the Quiet Car. That was fine with us since we’ve got things to read and do on the train.

One time on our way into town, we got all seated and then realized that we had left our IPhone on the dashboard of the car in the train parking lot. Oops. Not only did we fear theft but we used the phone to track our path throughout the city and to find out about hours of museums and other things like that. We were whispering about that when a woman came up and reminded us that it was the “Quiet Car.’ Oh, yeah. We apologized but also explained why we were whispering. She then told us how we could get off at the next stop, take the next train back and then get the phone. Then resume our journey into town.

Well, Governor Christie of New Jersey got caught just like we did. A bit of a brouhaha since he, like us, didn’t realize he was on the Quiet Car. He then enjoyed the rest of his trip form the cafe’ car.

Get off the merry go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment