Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Mesa, AZ - Am I Behind or What?

Maybe you’re wondering why I haven’t put any blogs out recently. Well, we’ve just got a new piece of software and both of us are trying desperately to learn it. We had a marvelous piece of software for our photo collection, an Apple product that went perfectly with our Apple laptops. Well, you know how software companies design a piece of software, support it for a while and then decided that they want to go in a different direction - and they stop supporting that software. You now have a choice: continue to use that software knowing that if anything wrong happens - you’re out of luck. Or, you can buy some new software, convert all your work to that software and cross your fingers that this company supports it for ever. Well, we’ve now converted to new software, have imported all 47,000+ photos into that and are now learning how to use it. 

Meanwhile, I really couldn’t do much with my blog since I didn't have access to any pictures as Gary was transferring our collection - which took a bit more time than we could ever imagine. Then, when we got the photos in the new program, I had forgotten where I was: blog, pictures - where am I? Well, that’s not unusual. But, now, I’ve got blogs written, pictures chosen and just have to put them together. But - it’s time to get the RV ready to move on down the road so I’ll publish this blog and hope I can get the others out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment