Friday, May 20, 2016

Blaine, WA - Who Organized this Place?

Cans of tomatoes on the laundry shelf.
Cans of chicken on the cleaning shelf.
Boxes of soy milk in the basement.
Coffee on the library shelf.
Shampoo on the snack shelf.
Who organized this place? I’ve never seen so much food or other supplies in our RV. We’re up to our eyeballs in consumables.
I have been known to stock up before we travel, as if I think we’ve seen our last grocery store. As if we’re heading off into the great unknown and will have to fend for ourselves. My real motive is that when we get to a new place, I don’t want to spend time shopping for food. I want to get out and explore. In this case, there is also the element of wilderness, that there won’t be a grocery store on every corner. And there’s also the element of OMG! look at that price.
I just hope I can find this stuff. Years from now, I’ll probably find a dusty can of tomatoes behind the laundry soap.
Funny thing though - we have no fresh fruit or veggies or meat. These items are on the Canadian Customs list of verbotten items. No potatoes. No lettuce. No citrus. No fresh meat, etc. So our veggies are frozen or canned. Our meat is all cooked. I hope we pass.
Do you feel a small tinge of fear whenever you see a policeman on the highway? Do you immediately check your speed? When you go through customs do you cross your fingers and hope that you pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment