Saturday, May 7, 2016

Chimacum, WA - Guessing Game

Guessing game today. Guess what we did from the cartoons below.

url-2016-05-7-20-05.png
url-2016-05-7-20-05.jpg

url-2016-05-7-20-05.gif

1__%252524%252521%252540%252521__url-2016-05-7-20-05.jpg
Yep, you guessed it.

There are many ways to spend a day. Our neighbors on one side took off to see mountains, waterfalls, submarines - lots of things in the area that are fun, inexpensive and even educational. Our neighbors on the other side went out for breakfast and then lounged in their lawn chairs out side in the sun reading books. Then there is us. Explore - nope. Lounge - nope. No, we decide that this is the day to wash and wax our RV and Jeep. I suppose we can be forgiven both being first-borns and type-A’s. Besides, we just came up from California and Oregon where we had spent the last 3 months. It is difficult to justify washing an RV in these two states, given the drought conditions and the eco-friendly ethos of both states, which we both share.

But there comes a time in everyone’s life when it is embarassing to enter one’s front door, when you can’t see out of the windows, when people’s scrawlings of ‘Wash Me’ hit home and it’s is time to take out the sponge, the ladder and the Wash and Wax All. Nah - I’m being overly dramatic but I really do not like to look at dirt on our RV and I was holding back. But, every time, over the last 2 months, when we moved to a new campsite, it rained. I’d keep checking the forecast and seeing rain in the near future. Why wash the RV and Jeep when it’s going to rain tomorrow and also on the day that you move?

And, here is Gary who began at the top with the roof - continued in the middle washing with water and a sponge - and finished at the bottom with the tires.
20160507-IMG_3364-2-2016-05-7-20-05.jpg
Oh, yeah, what about me? I took the pictures and directed the work. Nah,  I got the Jeep all of it: inside, outside, detailing, mats and vacuuming. Then I got out my magic elixir and Washed and Waxed both. Gary scrubbed the dirt off, chamoied and I waxed. Gotta get ready for Alaska.

Look at this shine ! ! !
20160507-IMG_3366-2-2016-05-7-20-05.jpg
Now, about those neighbors - I don’t want to give you the impression that their RV’s are dirty - they have also washed their rigs but did them yesterday while we were on the road.

And, funny thing, we are all heading to Alaska this summer. But, why am I surprised at that? Washington is the perfect jumping off spot for a journey to Alaska - being on the border and all.

And, that’s my story for the day. Dull and boring, Did you expect thills and chrills from us? Think again. But, at least I gave you cute pictures and a guessing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment