Sunday, July 24, 2016

Valdez, AK - How Far Behind Am I

My, I've certainly fallen behind in writing this blog. Actually, I've written a lot of it but haven't had time to review our pictures and put them into the blog. So, it sits on my computer gathering dust. Or is that my brain gathering dust.

We've been so busy over the last few weeks that I haven't had a chance to sit down and just write. We want to get as much in as we can since we see the end to our Alaska trip looming much larger. We still have some things to do and some new places to see but the end is in sight. And, now we've actually left Alaska and are in the Yukon Territories heading back to Iowa for September. We're on our way back and I haven't even chronicled our adventures while we were there.

We've traveled in helicopters, we've visited Chicken, AK, Gary got arrested for poisoning some miners in Dawson City but he proclaimed his innocence and I, Naughty Nan, stood by him and told the jury that he was with me all night. Whew, that was close. Nah, it was all in fun and we were part of a skit put on by the docents at a museum.

We've had 17 straight days of rain and when the sun came out today, we were blinded by the light. Our eyes weren't used to such bright light.

Right now, I'm sitting in a Whitehorse Walmart Parking lot where we have stopped for the night planning our sprint to Iowa.

Ah, it's been fun but it's coming to a close. Bear with me as we try to catch up while still driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment