Saturday, August 11, 2012

WDM, IA - Mastering the K Cups

How many of you have a K-Cup type of coffee maker? Several of you, I’m sure. Well, we have one too. It took us while to find one that would fit in the special corner of the RV that we have use for a coffee maker. Keurig coffee pots go from small to huge. We wanted something ‘just right’ one that would hold about 24 oz of water, enough for both of us to have a large mug. We finally found one and I’ve got to learn all the special techniques needed to use it, like: plugging it in, inserting the coffee, putting a mug under the spout. You know, those little details that make for a great mug of coffee.

Today I forgot to put the coffee K-Cup into the holder and had marvelous hot water. Unfortunately, because I had used my ISU coffee cup which is black inside I didn’t realize it until I was seated at my computer ready to go to work on my journals. I raised the cup to my mouth and didn’t get that aromatic whiff of coffee which enhances the taste. The coffee tasted pretty weak too. Sure enough, no coffee - just water. Shucks, gotta put the coffee in too.
WAITERW-2012-08-11-10-04.jpg


A while back I forgot to put my coffee cup under the spout. When I looked over at the coffee maker I knew something was wrong but not quite what. Then it hit me that the coffee had poured into the base which, because the manufacturers know dolts like me will forget their cup at least once, have made hollow and big enough to hold one cup of coffee. Sure enough, I removed the base which was heavy and sloshy. And there was my coffee, all brewed and ready to drink. Of course, it’s a bit difficult to drink out of this base.

Someday I’ll learn how to use this: to be able to put all the steps together: plugging it in, putting the mug under the spout and putting in the coffee. I’ve already learned how to push the ‘on’ button so I know I can move onto these more difficult steps.

I’m often surprised when someone tells me that they read my blog. Of course, I’m pleased, but it is amazing that anyone else would read this. One day in June I went into the Wells Fargo office where I used to work and saw a nice picture on a friend’s computer. She told me that she had taken it from my blog. I hadn’t remember that particular picture but went back into my previous blogs and saw it there. What a surprise. Another friend told me recently that she uses my blog to take vicarious trips. She hasn’t been to many of the areas that we travel to and she loves to read about something new. A third friend has seen many of these places but loves to see them again though my eyes.

A few days ago I got an e-mail asking about a blog I wrote back in February asking about some pictures I put into a blog about Boulder City, Nevada. I had some old pictures of Cherry Street which is where they live and they wanted to know where I got them. How in the world did they every connect to my blog? And, who are they?

120807NancynewIADriverLicense_2-2012-08-11-10-04.jpgI got my new driver’s license today. When I stood in front of the white screen for my picture, of course I smiled. Oops - no smiles., well, at least no smiles that show teeth. You can smile but you can’t show any teeth. I was also told to take off my glasses. I can’t wait to see what I look like on my driver’s license. I’ll probably look like someone right from Kenny’s Bail Bonds TV ad minus the orange jump suit. And, why do they need 3, count them, 3 pictures on one license: one large and 2 small? As if one isn’t bad enough?

On the other hand, my name if finally correct. For some reason, quite a few years ago, the clerk typed my middle name as Hacek rather than Macek. It’s never seemed to be a problem and I forgot last time I was up for renewal to get this changed. When I went in this time, the first clerk asked if I had my birth certificate to show my correct name. I quickly pointed out that my birth certificate would hardly have my husband’s last name on it for my middle name. Then she told me that if I wanted it changed to bring in my marriage license. Sure, in 5 years when I come in, I’ll have that. Shucks, caught in the paperwork tangle again

However, another clerk quickly asked me how to spell it and she typed it correctly and I am now Nancy Macek Ferguson. She must have thought that I knew my own name and just corrected it without my marriage license.

No comments:

Post a Comment