Thursday, January 5, 2017

Palm Springs, CA - It's Manny Time ! ! !

Yesterday, Manny was washing and waxing the RV next door. He also put something on the roof to seal it up. Oh, boy. I rushed over to make our appointment. We’ve had Manny do our RV before, just about every time we’re here in Palm Springs. Usually I do the RV with Wash and Wax All. Pretty slick and it doesn’t take all day to do it. And, I can do it myself while Gary does something else. (Well, first he sprays the RV down to get all the sand and grit off so I can now use my wand and microfibers to put the wax on.) However, I probably think that a nice paste wax with lots of hand rubbing might put a better protective coat on our RV than what I use. And, thus, every year I have Manny do it here in Palm Springs. Once a year with the paste wax and 3 or 4 times a year I can do it with Wash and Wax All.

And, here he and his gang are. I can hear their footsteps on our roof and can see them spray our windows. While I sit inside calmly doing whatever I want to do. His wife is the business person: she sets the appointments and takes the money. He’s got a big black truck with a black trailer with his logo on the side. Here it is, I’ll advertise for him. Manny is the one in the big straw hat with the long pole.

20170105-IMG_3693-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg
Go, Manny, go.
20170105-IMG_3694-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg

20170105-IMG_3691-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg

20170105-IMG_3692-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg
And, this time, a free car wash and wax with tires is thrown in. I know, it’s not cheap but, this is our home and I want it to last. It’s 8 years old now but we get compliments all the time on how good it looks. Hmmm. ‘Looks pretty good for an 8-yr old RV.’ Is that a compliment? Kind of like: ‘you look pretty good for a 70-yr old.’
20170105-IMG_3697-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg

So - we didn’t get our first choice of homes in Val Vista. What’s next? Well, let’s look at others. Something’s bound to turn up. They list all the homes online with pictures of them, some with lots of pictures, some with not so many. But, it’s a great way to eliminate some homes and to focus on others.

We've looked at quite a few pictures of park models as we have been searching for one to buy. We’re always puzzled that we see lots of pictures like this: shower nozzles.
257F-SHOWER-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg

AZ-ROOM-BATHROOM-2-2017-01-5-18-20.jpg
Who thought that pictures of shower nozzles needed to be in the ads to influence buying decisions?

Who thinks this is a real selling point?

Who spent energy and time putting a picture of a shower nozzle on line and in the advertising booklets?

Do they think that those over 55 who buy in these resorts buy a house because of the shower nozzle?

Is this the discussion they imagine buyers having:

        ‘Honey, I love the floor plan but can’t stand the shower nozzle. Let’s keep looking.’

        'Honey, I love the kitchen, the neighborhood, the AZ room, but the shower nozzle is just a deal breaker.’

Or conversely:

        ‘Honey, the floor plan stinks, but I love the shower nozzle. Let’s buy this one.’

        ‘Honey, I hate this house but I love the shower nozzle. Let’s buy it.’

Come on. I mean - shower nozzles are replaceable. They aren’t the end-all and the be-all. They can be found in any hardware store or Home Depot or Walmart or Love’s or - well, you get the idea. You don’t like it - get a new one. You don’t need a picture of the shower nozzle to sell a house.

Ah, well. We keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment